Hey beautiful! Today I’m doing something new on the blog and talking about my college beauty essentials. While makeup is definitely not for everyone, I enjoy wearing it (and buying it), so I’m going to share my must have products with you! The items I list below are all found at drugstores and fit a college budget because I know that super expensive products (like urban decay) are out of the question! I am by no means a beauty blogger, and I am always learning when it comes to makeup, but here are my essential college beauty products!
This post does contain affiliate links, because I love these products so much I want you to try them too! I do get a small percentage of any sales made here, but as always, I only recommend products that I absolutely love and would recommend to anyone!
- Not Your Mother’s Dry Shampoo – Sometimes that alarm goes off just a bit too early, so I save time by skipping the shower and using dry shampoo! This brand is my favorite, because it smells really good and makes my hair look 1000% times less greasy (a bit of an exaggeration.) My tip is to make sure you brush it in all the way, or it will leave your hair looking a bit white at the roots. As long as you brush it all in though, you’re good to go!
- Speaking of things that save me time in the morning, these blotting sheets are amazing! My face gets oily really fast, and these blotting sheets are super simple and help absorb a lot of that oil! They are really helpful when I don’t have time to shower, and I love that they’re portable because I can take them to class and use them on long days!
- Neutrogena Triple Action Toner. I use this stuff every night, in conjunction with a few other products, to help clean my face off before bed! Even after washing my face, using this pulls out even more grime, and it leaves me feeling super clean. It does have a slight alcohol smell, but I like the smell because I think it makes my face smell clean!
- Almay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads. I have been using these ever since I started wearing makeup, because all of my older sisters used them. Now, if all four of us can agree on anything, it’s that these wipes are amazing! They are great to use at night before bed, and also for touching up makeup during application! I’ve even used these to remove costume makeup, and they stood up to the test!
- Clean & Clear Acne Spot Treatment. Even the best skincare routine can’t prevent all pimples (sadly). I love using this product on any problem areas! It definitely helps destroy pimples and get you back to normal ASAP!
- Maybelline Fit Me! Stick Foundation. I have a confession. I can be really lazy about my makeup. With this roll on foundation, I have found an answer to all my problems (or at least it feels like it)! I have it in classic ivory, and it is lovely to just roll it on, blend it, and go! My best friend recommended this product to me, and I absolutely love it!
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara – Mascara is the one item I rarely leave home without! This mascara is relatively cheap, lasts a long time, and does a good job! I like to curl my eyelashes first to get extra volume, but it’s up to you! Definitely a good mascara for the price!
- Physician’s Formula Eyeliner – I love this trio of colors meant for brown eyes from Physician’s formula! I use all three colors, and I get a ton of compliments whenever I use the purple color. These eyeliners apply with ease, have a built in sharpener, and last quite a while! These are another of my near daily use items.
- NYX liquid suede cream lipstick. I just bought this a week ago, and I am already impressed. I have it in soft spoken, but I want to try some more intense colors. It stays on like no other lipstick I have experienced and the color is vibrant! Definitely the brand to choose if you want stand out lips!
I do use some other products (hello Urban Decay Naked palettes!) but I didn’t include those as they are way over a college budget, and are definitely not college beauty necessities.
What are your college beauty essentials? Or beauty essentials in general? I love getting recommendations of good products, so leave your essentials below!