Hey everyone! Finals are over, and summer break is definitely on the brain! My brain hasn’t quite realized it’s summer yet. Aside from working at my part time job, summer classes, and writing on my blog, I have very few plans this summer. I am really ready to take some time to reset and recharge before senior year of college. It’s finally starting to get hot out, so I wanted to write this post about my summer essentials!
*Just so know, if you buy anything from some of the links below, I make a small affiliate fee, at no added cost to you!*
- A Cactus Tumbler. The actual print is up to you, but I think the cacti print is super cute! I just bought one of these, and the cacti and summer colors definitely have me in the summer mindset! I love buying new tumblers, and this one is perfect for sitting by the pool or on the beach!
- Summer lipstick! As much as I love wearing dark reds and burgundies on my lips, those colors are meant more for fall and winter. This summer I’ve been wearing and loving colourpop’s “Thursday” which is a super bright and long lasting pink shade!
- A new notebook. I’ll use any excuse to buy new stationary, like this melon notebook. You can use it to jot down all your great ideas, keep a travel journal, or doodle in!
- A summer goal/project. Use that new notebook to write down a goal for the summer. Sometimes it feels great to just laze around and spend your days relaxing. Summer break can be a great time to do something productive as well! You should use the next three months to work on something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t really had time/energy/motivation to do. I’m still trying to figure what mine is going to be, but you’ll know when I do!
- A good book. There’s so many to pick from, but if you’re looking for something light, romantic, and fun, I recommend Sarah Dessen’s new book, Once and For All. Her books are such great summer reads, and this one comes out of June 6th! I haven’t read it yet, but I know it will be great! If you prefer fantasy/fiction, I recently read Three Dark Crowns and And I Darken, and really enjoyed both of them.
- A bluetooth speaker. I know I’m probably the last one in the world to get one of these, but just in case, I’m including it here. I use mine non-stop, and speakers like this one are great for lounging outside, pool parties, and other summer activities!
- A swimsuit that makes you feel good. Before I bought the swimsuit that I have now, I hated going to the beach/pool. I felt uncomfortable and unhappy, and just wanted to stay covered up. Once I spent the time finding a swimsuit that made me look and feel fabulous, I was so much more confident. It doesn’t matter what your body type is – just find a swimsuit that you love.
- Concert tickets. There’s no better summer activity than a concert! Especially an outdoor music festival. I have my tickets for twenty one pilots this summer, and it’s so much fun to anticipate the event! Even if it isn’t anyone big and is just a random summer concert, grab some friends and go!
These are just some of my summer break essentials, aside from the obvious, such as sunscreen, flipflops, sunglasses, etc. What are your summer essentials? What are you most looking forward to this summer? Let me know in the comments below!
Are you just finishing high school and getting ready for college? Check out my post about 8 things to let go of after high school!