Can you believe that 2017 is already halfway over? I’m sure I say this every year, but spring semester just flew by! I ended the semester really well, considering I took 27 credit hours, had two part time jobs, and ran a blog. I’m currently taking a few online classes that are keeping me busier than I had hoped. Having some time (mostly) off of school has rejuvenated my blogging passion, and given me new inspiration for the coming months. I’ve got some big plans for the next few months, and lots of summer goals!
For one, I’ve started a group chat with some other blogging girls to help keep me accountable! We have a calendar to help motivate each other to post on our days! I’ve also started two new instagram comment pods with other active bloggers to keep me posting! I joined #thegramgang challenge and for the month of June I will be posting every day on my instagram. You can check out the challenge here. I’ve also written out a content calendar for June, with what I am going to post and when! I’ve never tried that before, and I think it’s really going to help me stay on track and publish consistently.
I planned some great content for the month of June, which I am so excited to share. I will be posting every Sunday and every other Wednesday for the month of June, although I might sprinkle in some others in if inspiration hits! There will be all kinds of content, including adulting advice, study advice, dorm advice, and more!
So now that I’ve chatted for a little bit, here’s a short list of my summer goals, both blogging and otherwise!
- Finish 10 things off of my 21 Things to Do in my 21st Year Post! I’ve already finished three, but I need to pick up the pace if I am going to finish everything!
- Get an A in both of my online classes. I’m going to be honest, these two classes were a lot harder than I expected! I am so glad I didn’t take any more or I would be a sad summer student! Also, sneak peek, there will be a blog post this month all about succeeding in online classes!
- Read 20 books. I’m way behind on my reading challenge for 2017, which is to read 50 books in 2017. I’ve only read 10 and the year is half over! I have a big stack of books just sitting around and I need to stop turning on netflix and start turning the pages!
- Beat my highest ever blog views in one day and one month. Last July I hit a record for both of those stats, and this summer I am determined to beat those records!
- Post on instagram every day! Every time I post consistently on insta I see postive results, but I always struggle figuring out what to post. Not anymore! I have my entire June planned on instagram, so I won’t ever fall prey to not knowing what to post.
- Start a new series on the blog, called College Real Talk. I want to start sharing posts that talk honestly about college, and not just the positive aspects. If you had a rough time in college, or went through something trying, or faced a difficult situation, I would love to interview you or have you write a post for this series! Please email me if you are interested! It’s time that we talk honestly about college. Yes, a lot of times it’s great, but it’s also important to talk about the difficult times too!
- Improve my SEO! I have recently started listening to podcasts a lot when I have spare time. A few days ago I listened to a podcast about SEO which gave me some really good insight. Honestly, SEO has always seemed a bit of a mystery. This podcast helped me decipher what some of it is! I can’t wait to work on it over the summer. Plus, now I have all the help from this lovely blog, where the theme of the month is SEO!
- Reach out to 3 brands for a partnership! I have been wanting to work with more brands recently, but don’t know where to start. I’m going to do my research and find at least 3 who I think I could partner with!
I know ya’ll are probably tired of posts like these, but don’t worry, the rest of June is jam packed with super helpful content that I am so pumped to share! Just wanted to let everyone in one what’s going to be happening in the next few months. Thanks so much for following along with me!
What about you?
I really want to hear about your summer goals! What are going to do with the next 3 months? Even if you aren’t on a break, summer is still a great time to work on yourself? Let me know your summer goals below!