Whenever something big is happening in my life, my favorite thing to do is make a playlist! I make playlists for when I’m sad, in love, or things are changing. When I graduated high school, I made a playlist of songs relating to leaving/moving on, and listened to it pretty much non-stop. I even made a specific CD to listen to while I drove to school on move-in day (my parents were in a separate car) and listened to it 3 full times on the 4 hour drive.
So, without further ado, here is a playlist of songs that make me have all the feels about graduation and moving away from home. Just FYI, I really listen to almost every type of music, so there is pop, rock, alternative, and country on this playlist!
- Farewell – Rihanna
- Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
- We Are Young – Fun.
- See You Again – Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth
- Dare4Distance – Never Shout Never
- ready to Go (Get Me Out of My Mind) – Panic! at the Disco
- Thnks fr th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
- The Calendar – Panic! at the Disco
- House of Gold – TwentyOne Pilots
- For Good – Wicked Cast
- Breakaway – Kelly Clarkson
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
*It’s all country from here on out*
- Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw
- The Climb – Miley Cyrus
- 19 & Crazy – Bomshel
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Butterfly Fly Away – Miley Cyrus
- The House That Built Me – Miranda Lambert
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- There Goes My Life – Kenny Chesney
- Heads Carolina, Tails California- Jo Dee Messina
- Ready, Set, Don’t Go – Billy Ray Cyrus
- Wide Open Spaces – Dixie Chicks
- Don’t Forget to Remember Me – Carrie Underwood
What songs give you all the feels about graduating or leaving home? Were they on this playlist? Let me know in the comments!