Hey guys! Fall semester is a little more than a week away for me, and I’m starting to get a bit nervous about it! I love setting goals for myself, and a big part of that is writing them down to make myself accountable. I’m going to try to keep these semester goals very achievable and clear, rather than big ambiguous goals! This semester is going to be a huge test for my time management skills, as I will have to balance classes, two jobs, and blogging (and it’s my first semester living off campus)!
School Semester Goals
- 4.0 GPA. I’ve done fairly well in my college classes, but I’ve struggled in at least one class every semester, so I have only had a 4.0 once in college. I would love to get another this semester and push my overall GPA up a liiitttllleee more.
- Only miss 3 classes total. One of the main reasons I have struggled in some of my classes is due to poor attendance. It’s horrible, but I could often convince myself going to class was unnecessary, and I would lose many easy points by not showing up. I live off-campus this semester, so I have to be really careful not to miss classes. I’m giving myself three, because I know missing none is unrealistic, but I would still like to keep it low.
- Don’t wait until the night before to write papers. As a history education major, I write a lot of essays, usually at least two per week. I have a horrible habit of waiting to write them the night before, sometimes leaving 2-3 papers for one night. By starting early, I hope to both relieve a lot of stress and write better papers!
- Work ahead on readings! If you’re starting to notice a trend here, it’s because I’m a huge procrastinator. I’ve definitely improved at working ahead on my work, but I still have a ways to go! My major is a lot of reading and writing, which both take a lot of time. It’s incredibly important for me to stay ahead this semester!
- Write everything in my planner! As much as I love organization, I can be somewhat sloppy when it comes to adding everything to my planner. This leads to all kinds of problems, like missing meetings, forgetting assignments, and other bad things! I want to make sure to add everything into my planner this semester!
Blog Semester Goals
- Write two blog posts per week! On average this summer I’ve been writing 3 a week, but I know this will be unlikely during the school year, so I want to focus on writing two posts a week!
- Reach out to 5 new brands. I’m working with my very first brand this week, and I am so excited! I hope to reach out to at least 5 brands this semester, which will hopefully lead to some new sponsored posts!
- Redesign my site! More to come on this, but I am in the process of getting a new theme for my blog, and I am so excited to share it with you!
Lifestyle Semester Goals
- Have a date night each week with my boyfriend. After living together, I feel like sometimes we take each other for granted sometimes. To combat this, I really want to make sure we are spending quality time together this semester!
- Stay sane! I suppose this is pretty ambiguous, but it means something to me. I have anxiety, and school tends to set me off.This is the busiest semester I have ever had, and I know there are going to be times it seems like too much. I’m hoping to not have any panic attacks this semester – at least not as many as last year.
- Cook dinner 4 nights a week. This may sound stressful for some, but cooking is a huge stress relief for me. Plus, you save money and usually eat healthier! I’ve been struggling a bit recently to cook that much, but I want to pick back up when school starts!
- Only buy coffee once a week. Friends, the amount of money I spend on coffee during the school year is ridiculous. Especially since I own a Keurig! I want to limit myself to only one Starbucks drink a week to help save money!
So, there are my fall semester goals! I would love to hear your goals for this semester, so leave them in the comments below!