Well, despite my best efforts, the spring semester is almost here. Despite working full time over break, it was still nice to come home and not have to do homework all the time! As a part of my preparation for each semester, I like to set goals for the upcoming months. This semester will be challenging. I live off-campus, have two part time jobs, take 18 credit hours at my home university, and another 9 at a community college. I will have to be very focused and hard working this semester to succeed! Before I talk about my spring semester goals, let’s review my fall goals and how they went! Read my full fall semester goals post here.
Review of Fall Semester Goals
- 4.0 GPA. Sadly I got one A- and received a GPA slightly below 4.0
- Only miss 3 classes total. Well, life happened this semester. Between funerals and conferences, I missed way more than 3 classes. However, I only had two unexcused absences for the entire semester!
- Don’t wait until the night before to write papers. I tried. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn’t.
- Work ahead on readings! Definitely improved in this area, but could still do better.
- Write everything in my planner! Success! I used my planner non-stop this semester and I can’t wait to keep that up in the spring!
- Write two blog posts per week! This semester I was lucky to crank out even one a week.
- Reach out to 5 new brands. I did work with quite a few brands this semester and I’m proud of what I’ve done!
- Redesign my site! Done. I got a new theme and a new logo this semester!
Spring Semester Goals
- 4.0 GPA. This is always my goal for the new semester. My GPA is pretty good, but a 4.0 could bump it up even more!
- Stay ahead on my online classes. This semester I am taking 4 online classes, and I am nervous that I am going to fall behind. I want to stay super organized and on top of it and have my work for the classes done far ahead of time!
- Spend every Sunday night in the library. This semester I kept Sunday nights out of my availability so I could go to the library and work ahead on homework each week. The goal is not to use the night to do all my work last minute, but rather to use the time to get ahead on things.
- Work out at least twice a week. This semester I tried to build a large block into my schedule where I could go to the gym on campus between classes. Being stuck on campus for a few hours will hopefully give me the motivation to go to the gym.
- Pack lunch or eat at home. Last semester I ate a lot on campus, which isn’t the healthiest. This semester I am done with classes by noon on MWF so I can eat at home or on the way to work. On TR I hope to pack a lunch, like a packet of tuna or something similar.
- Continue writing everything in my planner. This is such a helpful tool and I loved this habit last semester. I want to continue this habit using my lyte planner.
- Create an editorial calendar for my blog. Up until now, I have just written whatever I felt inspired to write on my blog, which can lead to large gaps between posts. For this semester I want to start planning out my posts and promotion a lot more so I can make sure to post at least once a week.
- Save enough money to study abroad. I am planning to study abroad this summer in Spain for a month, which requires a little over $7,000. I need to find a way to save and get enough scholarships to make the study abroad happen!
- Write my first paid post. I wrote posts with affiliate links, and I received a product in exchange for a post, but I have not written a post where I was paid after posting! This is my big monetization goal for the next semester.
- Increase Amazon affiliates sales. In terms of monetization, I hope my amazon affiliate earnings can help increase the money I make from my blog and start making it so I earn more money than I spend on it!
These are just a few of my goals for the spring semester. I also have lots of goals for the year of 2017 as a whole! What are your spring semester or 2017 goals? Are you hoping to achieve something special this semester? Let me know in the comments!