Hey everyone! Today marks one year of my blog, Living in Full Bloom. I just want to talk a little bit about the past, present, and future of this blog. I’d also like to thank each of you for coming to my little corner of the internet. I am virtually hugging you all in a giant internet group hug. Ok? I’m feeling sappy and happy and so, so thankful.
Past & Present
- In the past year, I have written 52 posts. This weirdly works out to one per week, although this school year got a little hectic!
- I created a following of 1.3k people on pinterest, over 700 people on twitter, and just under 700 people on instagram!
- My best month for views since moving to self hosted was July 2016, when I received over 18,000 page views. Although those numbers have decreased during the school year, I’m hoping to see another jump this summer!
- I have hosted twitter chats, participated in a blogger secret santa, been nominated for blog awards, and more! I have even participated in a few sponsored campaigns, which I hope to do more of in the next year.
- The welcome my blog has received in the college blogging and blogging communities has been truly amazing. I have met so many amazing women who support me and cheer me on. I am so thankful for the groups of ladies that I have found through this blog.
- Recently, I have been posting more lifestyle posts, and not as many college advice posts. This summer, I will likely be churning out both, hopefully once a week minimum! Expect to see more college advice type posts, however, as those are my favorite to write!
- In the more distant future, my blog will be transitioned away from college blogging. I am, after all, going to be graduating college. I’m not sure entirely what I want Living in Full Bloom to become. I can continue to write college advice posts to a certain point, until my knowledge becomes outdated. I would also love to write adulting advice posts, as I have been finding those very helpful these days.
- In the Spring of 2018, I will be doing my student teaching on a military base in Germany. I am not sure yet if I will be able to continue blogging during that time. Currently I intend to continue blogging and write mostly travel/living abroad posts. If time and internet allow, I’ll still be around!
Blogging is hard ya’ll. People who are able to post consistently 1-3 times a week are honestly my heroes. I am a full time student and I work two part time jobs during the school year. Even this summer I am working about 30 hours a week, and taking summer classes at my university! Despite how busy life can be, I love that blogging is always something I can come back to and enjoy. Even when I don’t post for a while, I can still count on certain people reading my posts! Sure, last summer I had higher hopes for where my blog would be right now. That doesn’t mean I’m giving up, it just means I have to work harder in the future! I truly believe running this blog has made me a better communicator, organizer, planner, writer, and photographer. I can’t wait to see how much those skills can improve in the future.
Again, I just want to thank you all so, so much for reading my blog. Aside from school, I have never dedicated myself so much to a project like this. I truly cannot believe that a year has already gone by. Without the amazing community I found, I’m not sure I would have made it. I know that sometimes I only post once a month, and sometimes I post three times a week. There are many college bloggers who are so much better at this than I am.
I do this for fun, and I can honestly say that it is still so much fun for me to write this blog. I hope you will all continue to read and grow with me and my blog as I finish college and move into the real world. By this time next year, I’ll be a college graduate in search of my first teaching job! I can’t wait to see where my blog is by then.
To everyone who I met in the very beginning, who motivated me to keep going, who read my posts and reminded me that a brand new blog shouldn’t have any views, thank you. You are the backbone of this blog and the effort I put into it. I’m getting sappy, so I’m going to stop this now, but I just want everyone to see the genuine gratitude I feel for everyone who has been with me so far. I hope you’ll stick around for the ride.