Hey everyone! I asked around, and I heard that a lot of people enjoyed monthly favorites posts! Now that school is over, I have a lot more time to find new things to enjoy. I’m hoping to start making this a regular thing. I definitely have a lot of cool things to share with you this month!
*If anything has an asterisk (*) after the link, it is an affiliate link! That means that if you buy the product from that link, I receive a small portion!*
Television Shows & Movies
- Scandal. Let’s just say I started this show in June… and finished all six seasons by the end of the month. I love this show, and I was 100% there for every dramatic twist and turn. If you enjoy How to get Away with Murder, and similar shows, this is definitely for you! I’ll be honest by saying that I enjoyed the first three seasons more than the last three, but I still loved it overall. I can’t wait for the seventh (and final) season to come out!
- Moana. This movie finally came to netflix and I was able to watch it for the first time. I loved it so much. I have basically been listening to “How Far I’ll Go” on repeat ever since. This movie is so cute and really well made. If you’re looking for an escape, I highly recommend Moana!
- Jane the Virgin. Technically I already watched the first two seasons of this show, but season three came out and I am in the midst of watching it as I write this! This show is funny, emotional, dramatic, and just quality television. I really like the way it mirrors a telenovela (Hispanic soap opera), and I love all the jaw-dropping reveals!
I’m not going to go super in-depth here, because I just wrote a whole blog post with all of the books I read in June! You can find it here, with reviews and links to the books I loved!
- Podcasts. I just started listening to podcasts again, and discovered a whole treasure trove of blog related podcasts! I’ve already learned so much, and I love listening to them while I clean and open at work. I especially love the strategy hour, which is jam packed with so much helpful information! These two ladies deal out strategy and knowledge non-stop. I also found a bunch of other helpful podcasts, and I’m going to be writing a full post about it soon!
- The Gram Gang. For the month of June, I decided to post on my instagram every single day. I used the help of the Gram Gang, which offers up a ton of prompts of what to post on instagram for a month. I went through the guide and picked 30 days of prompts for the month. At first, I followed the prompts. Then, I got so used to it, I didn’t even have to use the given prompts! If you’re unsure about what to post on instagram, I highly recommend the gram gang!
- SEO Month at Amanda Cross Blog. If you’re starting to dabble in SEO for your blog, and don’t know where to start, check out this series of posts! Here’s the first one, which will be a really helpful first step! Plus, Amanda is one of my favorites, so you should check out her stuff.
- Halo Top Ice Cream. Holy crap. I have been seeing this stuff on insta for forever, but there was never any sold in stores near me. Finally, my local walmart started stocking them. It is so delicious, and so low calorie, so you can really indulge without feeling bad after! I am officially adding halo top to my favorites.
- Bullet Journaling. I’m still trying to work with this, but so far I’ve really been enjoying the bullet journal. I was nervous about starting and messing things up, so I started by buying a *cheap grid notebook* from amazon instead of a more expensive version. I’ve been experimenting with different layouts and pages, and can’t wait to share it with you!
- Taylor Swift is FINALLY on spotify. If you haven’t heard this news yet, I’m here to tell you T-Swift is on spotify, so you can finally listen for free! This one is just silly, but I just needed to share!
So, there you have it! All of my favorites from the month of June. Do you enjoy seeing these kinds of posts? I’m still trying to feel out what posts are working for the blog, and starting to explore some posts outside of college life!
What were your favorite things from June? What are you enjoying this summer! I want to know. Let me know in the comments below!